Thin metal bars implanted into a guitar fingerboard that allow precise notes to be struck. This term can also be used to indicate sounding a note that is not an open string.

See also Guitar Neck and Open String.

This bit of jargon has been viewed 5,027 times.

Blog Link Copy to Clipboard
What is this?

Return To Guitar Jargon

Search the Jargon Database

Home | Add Jargon | F.A.Q | About | Contact
© 2010 JargonDatabase.com

Jargon Database is sponsored by Profit Awareness - discover your best clients, and get rid of your bad ones (Check out out business practices blog here)

Jargon Database was built by the best web development agency in Atlanta Georgia - Digital Tool Factory