The part of an electric guitar that receives the vibrations of the strings using magnets, which it sends to the amp. There are many kinds of pickups, such as "single coil" and "humbucker" pickups.

See also Shredding.

This bit of jargon has been viewed 5,921 times.

Blog Link Copy to Clipboard
What is this?

Return To Guitar Jargon

Home | Add Jargon | F.A.Q | About | Contact
© 2020 JargonDatabase.com

Jargon Database is sponsored by Profit Awareness - discover your best clients, and get rid of your bad ones (Check out out business practices blog here)

Jargon Database was built by the best web development agency in Atlanta Georgia - Digital Tool Factory