The opening on acoustic guitars that allows for clear and loud transmission of sound from the guitar. On most guitars these are round, but on some, namely "Gypsy Jazz" guitars favored by followers of Django Reinhardt, they are the shape of the letter D turned 1/4 turn counterclockwise.

This bit of jargon has been viewed 6,490 times.

Blog Link Copy to Clipboard
What is this?

Return To Guitar Jargon

Home | Add Jargon | F.A.Q | About | Contact
© 2020 JargonDatabase.com

Jargon Database is sponsored by Profit Awareness - discover your best clients, and get rid of your bad ones (Check out out business practices blog here)

Jargon Database was built by the best web development agency in Atlanta Georgia - Digital Tool Factory